The parkathon event [which has rested in 2016 and 2017] is due for a return in 2018.
The 3rd year of Seven 5K runs in a day [21 June 2015].
09:00 – Walthamstow parkrun course
10:30 – Hackney Marshes parkrun course
12:00 – Wanstead Flats parkrun course
13:30 – Valentines Park parkrun course
15:00 – Barking parkrun course
16:30 – Beckton parkrun course
18:00 – Mile End parkrun course
- The event will take place on Sunday 21st June.
- The event is a series of 5K runs [it is not an official parkrun event].
- There are NO fees, NO medals, NO t-shirts etc just great company and encouragement.
- Participants can complete as many of the stages as they wish, one, a few or all seven.
- The runs will not be timed.
- There will be no special ‘support’ [water etc] apart from what runners bring themselves. There are however toilets at all locations.
- The route with timetable can be seen in the following Google map:
- Transport details are available for drivers on the map link.
- Participants are encouraged to take public transport between stages, cycle, or even run. If driving please car share and offer lifts to others when possible.
- The start times of successive stages are 90 minutes apart, this should give participants enough time to complete the course, and travel to the next stage in time for the start. Please be punctual.There will be a 45 minute time limit for each stage (i.e. to complete the 5km course). After this time if there are any signs on the course they will be removed and if there are any marshals on the course and at the finish they will head off to the next stage.
- Participants are encouraged to familiarise themselves with each respective course in advance, and if unsure please jog round with others who are familiar with the course. [NB Valentines will be the old course].
- Please aim to be at the start of each stage 5 minutes early for a short briefing on the stage, this is especially important if you haven’t run that particular course before.
- Bags/ bikes etc can be left at the finish at the owners risk, it is not the responsibility of anyone that might be supporting runners to look after people’s belongings, however they may keep an eye on your stuff if you ask them nicely.
- Participants are encouraged to eat and drink sufficient amounts regularly throughout the day.
- Participants are encouraged to take photographs of the day and share them using social media.
- Please tell your family, friends, and runners about the day if you find it interesting, and share on social media etc.
- The 7th stage will be at Mile End after which it would be great if runners wished to go for a social drink/eat near by.
Look forward to running with you.
The more the merrier!